Diocese of Portland Flu Prevention
- If parishioners are sick, they are asked to stay home. When individuals are ill, they are not bound by the Sunday Mass obligation.
- With the exception of those who must receive from the cup due to medical reasons ( e.g., Celiac Disease), the distribution of the shared consecrated wine for the faithful with cups is suspended, One cup with a small amount of Precious Blood will be made available toward the back of the middle aisle of the church.
- The faithful will be urged, but not obligated to receive Holy Communion in the hand rather than on the tongue.
- All ministers of Holy Communion are advised to be careful to not touch the tongue or the hand of the communicant.
- Parishioners should not shake hands during the Sign of Peace, but are encouraged to offer a verbal greeting, smile, or bow of the head.
- Hospitality ministers should also not shake hands but, rather, offer verbal greetings.
- Parishioners should not hold hands during the Our Father.